Traditional offices are shut down, and remote teams are working to keep businesses going. Business entities are constantly under pressure to maintain a stable company culture and ensure that productivity stays unaffected.
Amidst the Coronavirus outbreak, we are helping companies with approaches and avenues to keep the workforce progressing. We stay abreast with – and share the many methodologies that the remote teams’ concept best supports business communities.
Keep a holistic approach towards employees
Even before lockdown, we had a high proportion of employees working remotely from home, with just a small proportion of people from 3 offices working in-office. We have a long experience with the concept and application of remote working.
The in-office workforce was responsible to maintain the connection between all staff – both remote and in-office.
Our staff developed the mission of developing a host of team bonding events. Quarterly evaluations, reporting, and tasking of projects were also all handled by them. These teamwork tasks boost up the employees’ morale and expand their working limits.
Communication is the key
Company support and communication plans at our workplace while this outbreak affects the global business world include:
- Constant touch.While the outbreak rages, the company ensures workforce communication at least twice a week to connect all, and communicate updates and relevant information. As people remained working from home, updates converted to regular dosages of happiness, work-satisfaction and belonging.
- COVID-19 website for resources. Our team created a portal of company-paid resources to ensure self-care with marketing, legal, DIBs, and HR teams. This is comprised of many engaging mental and physical health activities as well as a few virtual events.
- Upbeat conversation. Education is given on the effects of COVID-19, and on worldwide capabilities, including things that can be done to promote a positive inclusion experience.
Maintain a happy aura
Laughter is the key to a tough time’s survival. Companies “host” successful motivation boosting events such as “Happy hour with your pets”. Here, team members can link their pets to be a part of the event. Other kids and family events are also arranged and hosted.
Organize Happy Hour online
Spending some team-time away from work-related matters can also give satisfying results. The team consistently hosts several workshops and webinars by contracted health partners. They engage remote teams in regular yoga sessions together with guidance on nutritional diets.
Virtual yoga works
Many employees are interested in free yoga sessions and meditation events held regularly.
4 tips to succeed with the remote work culture
Workplace help in these difficult times helps the team members to work efficiently.
- Keep the schedule right. Maintaining time discipline is a priority. All activities, projects, meetings, and daily work regime management are important. A schedule is of prime importance.
- Try innovative options. At times challenging, the old and tested methods may not be effective. Stay alert for newer ideas, innovations, methods and prospects to maintain the team engagement.
- Startup a new chat. Employee involvement in some minor things can get them more focused on greater work needs. Assign fun options like a “hat day” or a “snap camera” day for fun.
- Keep examining new options. Any new program must be tested with a small team of skilled persons. Then share it with the larger company sections.
It’s always a group task- A handful of people can never be the reason for major changes. Success comes with a collective approach. Extend your hand with support to the remote teams and give constant feedback on results.
Humanity is the base of digitalization
Keep a human-approach when coping with virtual business requirements. COVID-19 has taught many entities to demonstrate their work culture remotely with a 100% success rates. These include organisations such as Zapier and InVision.
A productive, humanistic, and creative approach towards employees can result in a robust remote workforce than can give your business full-fledged results. At Eagle Edge Advisory, we are an organisation that will proudly assist with approaches and solutions that ensure smooth business operation in these globally turbulent times.